Friday 9 September 2011

Breaking a kit-kat

            
                 "Think of a calm ocean, the clear blue sky, or a mountain"
I ‘am not the kind of person who sits back and does nothing, usually I am always on to something. Blame it on my impish mind or the flow of thoughts, which might put Niagara Falls to shame or maybe not but you get the idea. Yesterday I kept exhausting myself over a little piece of paper. I had to add it in my project. It went on and on about things which were not even required in the whole project. I sat perplexed for hours and kept scratching my head. I looked around pages after pages to find where I could fit that information. However, by some divine intervention (coffee spilled on my table) I could not find the proper place for that Pandora’s Box. 


Exhausted I went outside to have some “fresh air”. Lost and wandering my mind went over the contents of that paper. Trying to remember when I wrote that death sentence of a page for my assignment. Then it hit me, I wrote that piece when I was terribly uninspired and exhausted. It was almost a month ago when I had not taken a break for almost a week (yes, it was a tough decision! No, I didn’t mind it! Yes, my boss reads my blog!) . 

Then, I realized how important it is to take a break every now and then. Take a break from work, break from home, break from family, break from friends, and break from breaks! It’s important to unwind and recharge yourself. Nothing good or creative comes out of an exhausted mind. I know it’s a pretty simple thing to do but sometimes we need to remind ourselves of simple things too. Out of these long 1440 minutes 5 is all you need. Close your eyes, take some fresh air, let the thoughts flow, and melt yourself in the moment without letting anything come in your mind for this time. Think of a calm ocean, the clear blue sky, and the mountains.

Believe me your mind and body will thank you! By the way, I made an airplane out of that paper. It flew away nicely.

                           
Kindly Bookmark and Share

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Stumble Stumble

1 comment:

  1. It's so very true, we must take a break from our thoughts... Problem for me, my mind never shuts down... Even during several serious illnesses, my mind just keeps on flying... Now I Iove to fish, that's sanctuary for me... No, not me, mind still forming a thought a poem a rhyme, something... All I want too do is relax and become one with the beautiful blue waters... Nruboc

    ReplyDelete