Monday 5 September 2011

Birthday Celebrations!


                                                        
                                          “After all it’s your day wouldn’t YOU seize it?”
Like many of us, I don’t remember my first birthday, how would I? I was just a tiny person away from the hum drums of life, my daily to do list consisted of drinking milk, trying to walk before I crawl, screaming on top of my lungs, and of course dropping little droplets here and there. I do remember my 5th birthday though (videos), there was a big party, all of my tiny friends and relatives gathered around and we all took part in a 10-second ritual. Bring the cake, blow the candles, hear people clap and sing in monotonous tones and then some seconds later, make your way to the bathroom and get that cake off your eyes. The last one I learned would become an integral part of the ritual when you start celebrating with friends. But I also found a sneaky little way out of that situation, this – 

                                                                         "tada"
Some birthdays later, I sometimes find myself searching for the ans as to what really happens on a birthday. Isn’t a birthday supposed to be a celebration of a new birth? (Yes, I can get philosophical with celebrations also! Celebrations, parties, a leaf falling from a tree, you name it!) But still we keep on treading the same path we were treading an year ago. We forget to bring in the important changes and often we even forget to learn from the past year. I read about “Phoenix” a mythical bird which has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises, reborn anew to live again.
I think I wouldn’t want to do the complete ritual as it doesn’t matter how much I struggle with life, giving up or self immolation as to say is just not an option! But yes I’d like to be born again and again and that too in this life itself. I’d like to see the new “me” do better than the old “me”. After every 1 year, I tell myself the same thing “god! I wish I had this knowledge an year ago, only if I’d have learned this at that time I probably wouldn’t have made so many mistakes”.
The motive should be to burn the old pessimistic habits and the unnecessary baggage to ashes. And from these ashes to new heights. RISE, I WILL. Wouldn’t you like to do the same on your birthday? After all it’s your day wouldn’t YOU seize it too?
Kindly Bookmark and Share

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Stumble Stumble

0 comments: